Integrate: to form, coordinate, or blend into a functioning or unified whole. In other words, to unite as a functional whole.
Integrated Horsemanship™ is a multi-dimensional approach to horses that includes unique groundwork techniques combined with biomechanics, classical riding principles, and EFL skills. Individual sessions are customized for you and your horse.
You will learn to:
- Understand your body in relation to your horse’s body
- Improve your level of body awareness and expand its use
- Develop and practice non-verbal communication skills
- Deepen your connection with your horse
- Identify and work proactively with your “inner programming”
These sessions are helpful for:
- Overcoming fear or anxiety
- Riding effectively with the body you have
- Working progressively through a horse’s “trouble spot”
- Moving beyond those “riding blocks” we all experience
- Getting back out on the trail with confidence
We offer specialized instruction for the beginning or “returning” adult rider. Our focus is on a supportive and comfortable learning environment for the student. We are skilled at addressing fears or previous bad experiences that have impacted your riding and can assist you in moving beyond them.
Suzanne’s main focus is on helping horses and riders connect with each other, regardless of discipline. She believes strongly in working with riders to get the best performance out of their existing bodies rather than striving to meet an unrealistic physical ideal. If you would like to improve your riding skills, learn ways to build a better relationship with your horse, or just get more comfortable out on the trail, this is the place for you.
Student comments on Suzanne and Integrated Horsemanship™:
“From the very start Suzanne provides a supportive, safe, encouraging learning and riding environment. Having not taken formal lessons in my younger years, Tahoma Equine Partners has offered the perfect opportunity for me to learn how to ride in the most supportive environment I could ever have asked for.”